2015 Camping Rules
Please make sure that all members of your group are aware of and abide by the policies listed on this page.
But the most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!
If there’s anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know. If you had a great time, tell your friends and/or go to Trip Advisor and enter your experience. If there’s anything we need to work on, tell us.
Thanks for being our guest!
Dave and Joanie Nowlan
- Insurance waiver must be signed at time of check in.
- Check out time is 11:00am. Guest remaining in the park after 11:00am will be charged an additional ½ day rate. A full day rate will apply after 1:00pm.
- Designated quiet hours between 10:00pm and 8:00am are strictly enforced.
- Visitors must register at the office. There is a $10.00 fee per day for any visitor. No visitor pets will be allowed. Campers will be fully responsible for any visitors and will be charged for visitors who do not register.
- Pets must be kept on a leash no longer than six (6’) feet and must clean up after your pet. At no time will a pet be left behind at the park or outside unattended when you leave the park. While a little barking is to be expected, incessantly barking dogs are not allowed. Scoop the poop!
- Failure to abide by any rules may result in immediate removal from the park without refund.
- All visitors and campers use the facilities at their sole risk. Management and owners are not responsible for any injury to persons, pets or damage to them, fire and theft of property. Children must be attended to at all times. YOU and only you are responsible for your own safety.
- The management reserves the right to evict anyone, including their visitors, for failure to observe the rules, and for behavior detriment alto the Campground. This action will be taken without a refund.
- Damage or destruction of property will be paid for by the responsible party.
- PLEASE observe the posted signs, including the speed limit and bridge signs.
- No motorbike or ATV riding will be allowed in the park. No Bikes on the bridge.
- Discharging of firearms, weapons or fireworks on Sweetwater property is strictly prohibited.
- Fires are allowed in established fire rings only. NEVER leave your fire unattended. Chainsaws are prohibited in the park.
- Firewood can be purchased at the office.
- The Arkansas River is a Colorado State Park. It is unlawful to drop cans, paper, water bottles or anything into the river. All Sweetwater wildlife is protected as part of its riparian ecosystem, INCLUDING SNAKES. Anyone killing or harming any wildlife in any way will be asked to leave immediately without a refund.
- Fishing: We encourage catch and release and barbless hooks. Bag limit for consumption (on premises only) is one fish per license per day. Artificial lures only. No treble hooks. NO BAIT.
- River banks and streams can be slippery, animals, bears and insects can threaten and infect or injure, exposure to elements can cause hypothermia, sunburn among other risks inherent in participating in camping and outdoor activities. Alcohol and/or drugs do not mix safely with any outdoor activities or driving of a motor vehicle.
- Mountain weather is unpredictable. Be prepared. Wear appropriate attire and footwear. Bring maps and adequate water. Let someone know where you are going and when you will return.
- Occupants will assume legal responsibility of bodily injury to themselves or any other person and property as a result of their visit to Sweetwater River Ranch Campground and use of equipment hired or loaned to occupant.
- Occupants accept complete responsibility for themselves and the minor children in their charge and visit to Sweetwater River Ranch campground engaged in activities and events at Sweetwater River Ranch at their own risk.
- Occupant will hold harmless and indemnify Sweetwater River Ranch, LLC and its directors and officers, against all loss, damage, expense, penalty on account of personal injury or property damage to the undersigned or to any minor child or children in the charge of renter, whoever rising, whether by act or acts of failure to act of the employee, contract managers, or animals of the said company or not.
- Occupants will enter Sweetwater River Ranch freely with Sweetwater River Ranch, LLC at their own risk, acknowledge the risks inherent in outdoor and river activities and assume any and all responsibility of their self and the minor children in their charge.
- All occupants will agree to and will comply with Federal, State, and County pollution laws and any other applicable laws and regulations.
- Commercial photography and filming is often conducted at Sweetwater River Ranch. You may appear in pictures or film that may be used in advertising, news reporting, public relations, or other activities regarding the Resort. Reservations at the Resort or a visitor’s pass constitutes your consent for Sweetwater River Ranch to use any pictures or films it deems appropriate without payment, inspection, or review.
- Cell and pager signals are not available at Sweetwater due to our rural mountainous location. Limited wireless internet is available for free around the Lodge area. Again because of the remoteness of the property we do not guarantee the Wi-Fi.
Get in touch with us!
Give us a call or send us a message with the adjacent form. Tell us what interests you the most. Ask questions. We’d love to hear from you! If we don’t have exactly what you want here at Sweetwater, perhaps we can help you find your perfect vacation.