For information on owning your own RV lot or cabin
at Sweetwater River Ranch click here
River Vacation of a Lifetime!
Whether you're our guest for a day, a week, or a season, you'll find unparalleled opportunities to escape, relax, and renew at Sweetwater River Ranch.
At Sweetwater River Ranch located ON the
Arkansas River in south-central Colorado, you'll
enter a different world--a sanctuary away from the
fast pace and pressures
of ordinary life.
You can be alone ~ Or meet new people.
You can do nothing ~ Or everything.
It's your vacation ~ You design it.
Perhaps you're looking for a romantic hide-away. Try one of our Deluxe Cabins.
If not for a romantic getaway, how about for...
- Cozy. Intimate
- Sleep until noon...or later!
- No interruptions
- Your own world
- Meals in your cabin
- Romantic strolls along the riverbank
- Memories for a lifetime
- A place of inspiration for writers and artists
- A natural setting, perfect for reflection
- A peaceful place to heal from the world
If you're looking for life-changing adventure,
the possibilities are endless!
Wanna be a cowboy?
- Sleep in a rustic pioneer cabin next to the river
- Horseback ride on nearby trails
- Cook stew over a campfire
- Watch a "gun-fight"
- Whoop it up at the Westcliffe rodeo and dance
- Gamble at a casino
Would you rather go "native"?
- Set up a tent right next to the river
- Drift to sleep to the sounds of rushing water
- Wake to the sound of birds singing
- Fish for your breakfast
- Hike the mysterious Temple Canyon and search for the hidden Temple
- Enjoy the wildlife everywhere.
Maybe you're an urban cowboy...
- Enjoy the amenities of a motel room or your own RV
- Mountain bike, ATV or go 4-wheeling on nearby trails and roads
- Rock climb
- Enjoy the restaurants, shops and art galleries in nearby towns.
- Spend a day at the Royal Gorge
- Attend art and music festivals in the summer
At Sweetwater River Ranch, you can do it all!
As our guest, you can...
- Fish on our private 1/2 mile of river frontage on the Arkansas River
- Go whitewater rafting or kayaking
- Soak in a nearby hot springs
- Hike or mountain bike through the mountains
- Pan for gold
- Stargaze at night
- Keep a look out for eagles and osprey or any of our myriad species of birds
- Watch for Big Horn sheep or pronghorn, or even elk
- Experience the splendor of Colorado aspen in autumn
- Explore a ghost town
- Or simply sit by the water, relax and drink it all in.
Sweetwater River Ranch encompasses 31 acres of wildlife refuge, a full half-mile on BOTH sides of the beautiful Arkansas River, with exceptional views of Colorado's Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
Whether on Sweetwater property or nearby, Sweetwater guests have access to blue-ribbon trout fishing, whitewater rafting on the most rafted river in the United States,
kayaking, horseback riding through the mountains, campfires beneath a star-filled sky, rock climbing, train rides through the Royal Gorge, hiking, mountain biking and climbing on Colorado's world-famous "thirteeners" and "fourteeners," soaking in a hot springs, gambling at Cripple Creek, exploring a real ghost town, panning for gold, ATVing or 4-wheel driving, bird and wildlife watching, and so much more.
We accommodate RVs and tents, and provide motel rooms and a range of cabins.
Sweetwater is not a 'camper city' filled with aluminum, exhaust fumes, and crowds. We have kept Sweetwater deliberately small, under-developed and uncomplicated, with a focus on friendly people and the splendor of nature. We’re very proud to be certified officially as a Wildlife Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation.
We provide a refuge from the demands of the world in a setting specifically designed to allow you to "escape, relax, and renew."
We invite you to explore the rest of our website. Then give us a call and tell us what interests you the most. Ask questions. We'd love to hear from you! If we don't have exactly what you want here, perhaps we can help you find your perfect vacation.
We're looking forward to being of service to you.
Dave & Joan Nowlan
Owners, Sweetwater River Ranch
Call us at: 719-276-3842
Or email us at: